Microsoft has made an impact in the world today through the development of the Windows Operating System. Microsoft has also succeeded in creating a hallmark for modern PC’s. It has over ninety percent share of the World’s PC market. This has made windows OS the most used Operating System in the market.
Windows OS provides you with cool features and a great user-interface. But with consistent use of Windows OS, you can come across some system errors in different sections and programs. Sometimes Windows programs can experience a malfunction. This malfunctions can lead to consistent errors that prevent you from accessing the program. One of these programs is the "explorer.exe''. When explorer.exe breaks down, it displays "explorer.exe class not registered". This error can deprive you of accessing most of your tangible files and also stops you from doing your work.
"class not registered" errors can be caused by many conflicting processes in a Windows PC. These errors prevent you from launching the explorer program on your PC. The error message just keeps popping up on your screen. You can come across this same issue with the use of other programs on your Windows PC. Programs like Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Start Menu and Windows Video Player can display the "class not registered" message during the launching process.
There are several conflicts of updates that cause the "class not registered'' error in Your Windows system. Beside the conflicts in the system, some other things can cause the "class not registered'' message to come up on your Windows PC. The good news is that you can fix the "class not registered" error on your Windows PC. There are several ways at which you can come to the terminus of this error. But before we move any further, let us take a good look at the error "class not registered" and how your explorer.exe can be affected.
Keep in mind that you can come across the "class not registered" error in launching any Windows program on your PC. Whenever there is an installation or an update of certain programs, conflict or clashes may occur. These conflicts can prompt the "class not registered" error in virtually all Windows programs. For you to repair the "class not registered'' error, the right measures have to be taken to prevent future inconveniences.
Since you can across the "class not registered" error at any time, there are some quick measures you can take to fix the error. Once you come across this error, you can quickly restart your PC. Then you observe if the program can work normally again. Another quick measures to take is disabling the program, wait for some moment, then enable the program again. Subsequently, launch the program again to know if the "class not registered" error is fixed.
Aside from the quick measures, you can take to repair the "class not registered" error, you can change the program settings to fix the error. Also, note that a guide would be needed to modify the settings of a particular program. Having a good knowledge of the Windows program can give you an edge in modifying its settings. There shouldn’t be a significant modification of the program affected by the "class not registered" error. Also, ensure that more errors are avoided while trying to repair the "class not registered'' error.
Apart from the "explorer.exe class not registered'' error, there is other "class not registered'' errors that can affect any Windows program. Programs similar to Windows Explorer are mostly affected by the "class not registered'' error. If you desire to view videos or pictures on your Windows PC and observe that the error message keeps coming up. Then you have to repair the program, or else you won’t be able to use that particular program to access your video or picture files.
Programs like Taskbar, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge can also experience the "class not registered'' error. You can also experience the "class not registered" error in launching many other Windows programs. Even programs associated with Word, PDF, and msstdfmt.dll can also be affected with the "class not registered" error. Keep in mind that the quick measures in fixing the error is to check if the error does not come up again. Because you'll need to engage the right process to permanently fix the "class not registered'' error in your Windows PC.
Imagine opening your Windows Explorer to perform some task. Then a message pops up on your screen saying "explorer.exe class not registered". How annoying can that be? I tell you, it's devastating. Windows Explorer is an important program in your Windows PC. It becomes difficult for you to access the files you desire to work on when all you see on the screen is "explorer.exe class not registered". When this error appears, there is no other way for you to access the files on your Windows PC. Then, you immediately need to fix the "explorer.exe class not registered" error.
The process of fixing a program error is within the settings or re-settings of another program. This happens because of the nature at which programs stores data in Windows. The "class not registered'' error will come to a terminus by just modifying certain things in the program settings. If the error persists after the modifications, then you would have to open another Microsoft account. Another thing I would advise is for you to check through your PC’s hard disk.
For you to effectively do away with the class not registered error, we have come up with detailed steps below. I am confident that you'll find the method that suits you to fix the "class not registered" error.
You may discover more than one storing program in Your Windows PC. All you just have to do is to disable one of them. In fixing the "explorer.exe class not registered" error, you’ll need to take some quick measures by disabling your Windows iCloud. Your Windows iCloud program needs to be closed to do away with the error. It can be disabled through Task Manager.
Detailed steps to disable Windows iCloud program are listed below.
· Advance to click on Ctrl + Shift + Esc at once to launch Task Manager or right-click on your PC's status bar, then click on Task Manager on the options displayed.
· After launching it, find the iCloud program.
· Right-click on the program and select the option to end the task.
· Afterward, close the window.
If you don’t find the iCloud program on the first tab that you see, then you have to disable it through the Startup tab. You can do that through the highlighted steps below.
· Advance to click on Ctrl, Shift, and Esc buttons at once to launch Task Manager or right-click on your PC's status bar. Navigate to Task Manager on the options displayed.
· Proceed to the Startup tab to find the iCloud program.
· After locating the iCloud program, make a right-click on it and choose the "Disable" option.
· Finally, close the Window and go-ahead to restart your PC to apply changes to the system.
After restarting your PC, you shouldn’t face the "class not registered" error anymore.
This is yet another method for fixing Windows program errors. When certain files in your Windows program breakdowns, it can result in the "class not registered'' error. Once you experience this, you can quickly fix the error by re-registering a certain file called explorerframe.dll. By using this method, you can efficiently fix the "class not registered" error without changing anything on your Windows PC.
Below are the outlined steps to follow in using this method.
· Click on the Start Menu button and search for command prompt or click on the Windows and X keys at the same.
· Afterward, navigate to command prompt and launch the program.
· When the program is fully launched, type in this commands "regsvr32 ExplorerFrame.dll" and then click the enter button.
· Hold on a little while as the command runs its processes.
· Finally, you can now restart your PC after the process has been completed.
After this process, explorer.exe error should be solved.
Component Services is another simple way to fix the "explorer.exe class not registered" error on your Windows PC. To use this method, you have to get to every file associated with the affected program. This is where Component Services come in handy. With Component Services, you can make some necessary modifications to the program settings of the affected program. With successful changes, your explorer.exe should work properly again.
All you need to do is to follow the steps below.
· Click on Windows and R buttons at the same time, a little Run Window should come up.
· Proceed to type "dcomcnfg" in the search bar you see, then click on OK or Enter to launch the Component Services.
· When the Component Services is fully launched, proceed to the Computers section.
· Afterward, navigate to a section called "My Computer''.
· An option would appear before you, find "DCOM Config" on the options and then double click on it.
· Some warning messages might come up, just click on the yes button to proceed.
· It immediately begins a process, wait for it and the go-ahead to restart your PC.
· When you’re all done, launch your windows Explorer program again to see if the problem is solved.
If the "class not registered'' error persists after going through many procedures to fix it. Then you can always generate or create a new Microsoft Account. You should, however, try out all other methods listed here today before resulting in creating a new Microsoft Account. After all the other methods failed, you can now choose to use this method to fix the "class not registered" error.
Follow the steps below to get your new Microsoft Account.
· Advance to the Windows settings. For the quick launch, click the Windows and I buttons at the same time.
· When it is fully launched, proceed to the "Accounts" section.
· Navigate through and find the option "Family". Click on it.
· Then find the option "other people" on the list of options before you.
· You’ll see a section that says "Add someone else". Click on it to proceed.
· Afterward, fill in your Microsoft Account email and the Next button to proceed.
· You can now log out of your old Microsoft Account and make use of the new one you just created.
Furthermore, you need to log in from your local account in other to make use of the new account. There are some highlighted steps to follow below to make it work.
· Proceed to your Windows settings.
· Navigate and click on the "Account" section.
· After clicking the option. Proceed to sign in your local account.
· Immediately you’ll be asked to input your password. Make sure to input the password of your existing account.
· When you’re done, proceed to input the password and username of your local account.
· Using the local account, you can now perform the process to fix the "class not registered" error on your explore.exe.
With these, you should get rid of the "class not registered" error.
There are so many issues you can face in Windows PC resulting from your hard drive. The "class not registered" error can also result from the hard drive. In most cases, the "class not registered'' error is fixed in the Windows OS. But in cases where the error cannot be fixed in the Windows OS, an examination of the hard drive comes in.
In examining your hard drive, you need the help of an expert or a professional. Your Windows PC can also be taking to the nearest service point. There, your hard drive can be examined and fixed. If the problem persists, you can buy a new hard drive.
Imagine trying to launch your Microsoft Edge and you get restricted by a message that says "class not registered". Annoying right? I know. Don't worry, you'll be able to finally stop the error once and for all with steps I'll show you.
As I said earlier on, the "class not registered" error can also affect any other program in your Windows PC. Microsoft Edge is one of those programs that can be affected by the "class not registered" error. Interestingly, you can fix the "class not registered" error from the Microsoft Edge program. Today I’ll show you detailed steps to put a stop to the error. Just take a glance below.
Aside from the "explorer.exe class not registered error'', you can also come across the "class not registered'' error in using your Windows browser. No need to panic because it is easy to fix the problem on your Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer program. All you just have to do is to change your Microsoft’s Edge to default. You can simply follow the steps below.
· Click on the Windows button. You can also click on the Windows and S buttons at once.
· A search would appear before you. Then Proceed to type "control panel" in the search bar.
· Find the best match for your search and then click on it to launch the control panel.
· When the program has fully opened, navigate to the "default program" options.
· When the default program has opened, find the option that says "set your programs to default''. Make sure to click on it.
· Thereafter, navigate to the Web browser section and then click on the browser option.
· Afterward, you'll see a list appear before you. Click on the Microsoft Edge program among the list.
You have successfully fixed the error. But if the above steps seem too complex for you, you can opt for the alternative steps highlighted below. Keep in mind that these steps do the same thing as the one listed above.
· Proceed to Settings in your Windows PC.
· Navigate to the Apps section and then click on it.
· An option would appear on the left side. Make sure to choose the one that says "Default apps".
· Afterward, find the Web browser section and then perform the changes you need to do to the Internet Explorer. Change it to the default browser.
Hurray! You’re free from "class not registered" error.
ETW Collector service can also cause the "class not registered'' error when it has stopped running. If you come across the "class not registered'' error in any of your Windows programs, you can quickly check if the ETW Collector service is running. This service can also come in handy if your browser is affected by the "class not registered'' error.
We have highlighted a detailed steps to follow in ensuring your ETW Collector service is running.
· Go ahead to open the Run window by clicking the Windows R buttons all at once.
· A search bar would appear on your screen. Proceed to type in "services.msc" and then click on the Enter button.
· Find the best match for your search and then launch the program.
· Navigate to the " Internet Explorer ETW Collector Service" option. Make sure to click on right-click on it.
· Find and select the Start option.
· Wait a little while for the process to be over.
· Finally, restart your PC to save and apply the changes.
There you go, your problem is fixed.
Whenever you’re restricted with the "class not registered" error on explorer.exe, you can just go ahead to restart explorer.exe. Most times, all it takes to fix the error of a program is to restart it. Below are steps to take in restarting explorer.exe.
· Advance to launch your Task Manager.
· Navigate to the Details tab.
· Find the explorer.exe program, make a right-click on it.
· A list would appear, click on End Task among the list.
· Afterward, select the File tab section.
· Click on the Run new task option.
· A search bar would come up. Make sure to type in "explorer" and the click on the Enter button.
· If you take a good look, you’ll discover that your Explorer is back without any problem.
The "class not registered" error does not only affect explorer.exe but also affects your picture files. To solve this issue, some steps have been provided below to guide you through fixing the "class not registered'' error. Make sure to consider the steps highlighted below to which one works for you.
Anytime you open your picture file and come across the "class not registered" error, you can quickly modify the default program settings.
· If Windows Photo Viewer is not installed on your Windows PC, then you have to download and run it.
· Go ahead to choose any picture. Right-click on it.
· Click on the "Open with'' option. Then click on "choose another app'' option afterward.
· A list of apps would appear on the screen. Then you can now choose the ‘ ‘Windows Photo Viewer" option.
· Keep in mind to tick the "Always use this app to open .jpg files"
· Click on the OK button to apply the changes you’ve made.
· After the whole process, go back to open a picture file. You’ll discover that you won’t experience any errors anymore.
Resetting default programs can come in handy in fixing the "class not registered'' error. Whenever you face any error in opening your picture file, you just have to reset the default programs on your Windows PC.
Below are the highlighted steps to go about it.
· Advance to your Windows settings.
· Navigate to the Apps section. Make sure to click on it.
· Find the section called Default apps.
· Afterward, navigate your way to an option called " Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults". Make sure to click on it.
· Wait a while for the process to be over.
· You can now restart your Windows PC to save and apply changes.
There you go, you have successfully fixed the "class not registered" error on your Windows PC.
As I said earlier in this article, a lot of things can cause the "class not registered" error. But in the case of explorer.exe, the error usually occurs due to conflicting processes of files in the system. When the "explorer.exe class not registered" error pops up on your screen, you’re mostly restricted from opening the Explorer program on your Windows PC.
Since many things can cause the "class not registered" error, fixing it too can be in different ways.
I am pretty sure you must have gotten enough knowledge of the "explorer.exe class not registered" error and how to fix it.