Hi! We are looking for a new intern to work with us in our San Francisco shop in the Mission District. Below are things we look for.
At LPP, we are a family and community with both the artists/designers we work with along with our community who supports us. We are looking for someone who wants to be part of this family. We seek out of the box kind of thinkers, someone who has ideas and wants to help make them become a reality. We value and encourage your ideas. We are a super small company and we all do a little bit of everything, but we have big ideas for growth and hope you will be the perfect fit to be a part of it!
What we are looking for in an intern:
- Must be able to work at the SF shop Tuesday mornings for 4-5 hours
- Who can fullfill and pack orders
- Own a laptop and able to bring it on Tuesdays
- Must have a knowledge about contemporary art
- A plus: knowledge about contemporary design/ fashion
- Must be internet savvy. You are the kind of person who is online often, follows a variety of art/ design/ lifestyle/ culture blogs. You are always discovering new artists, designers, the latest trends, shops, etc. You have a Facebook, Twitter and blog that you regularly update.
- Must have some knowlodge of Photoshop and Illustrator.
- We would love someone outgoing and excited to meet new people. Someone who wants to create various collaborations with Little Paper Planes outside of the internet realm.
- Excellent communication is key and able to take direction easily
- Good writing skills
- Sense of humor. We all like to laugh a lot, so that is important.
To be considered for an internship please email the following:
Please write a cover letter telling us why you would like to work with us at Little Paper Planes. Tell us what your interests in as a general. We want to know who you are and what you like. What would you like to get out of an internship? Are you interested in design? Laying out books? Discovering new artists and doing studio visits? Coming up with new content for the blog?
Please list 10 artists you are currently coveting along with favorite blogs, websites, and everything in between to give us an idea of your aesthetics and if you would be a right fit for us.
Send the above information and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure the subject line is: INTERNSHIP
All internships are unpaid but school credit can be given.